Tuesday, March 1, 2016

An Introduction


Welcome Dear Friends or anyone else who happens by.

This blog is being started in large part due to a Bible Study that I'm doing.  If you aren't already familiar with Proverb 31 Ministries, I suggest that you go over there and check them out.  Go ahead, I'll wait....

Are you back now?  Isn't their site amazing!  A few weeks ago I decided, somewhat skeptically, to take part in their online Bible study "Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl."  This is based on the book by Lysa Terkeurst.  I am not exactly a girl anymore, in fact I am well out of girlhood by 20 or 30 years.  But I was moved to participate anyway.

I have followed the study and done the work.  Then a funny thing happened.  God started working in my life.  A couple weeks ago Lysa mentioned starting a blog as part of bible study.  At that time, I thought phewy, I've done the blog thing and wasn't very successful.  By successful, I mean that I didn't write in it consistently and the content was not very interesting. I wasn't going to blog, a pen and paper would work just fine for me.

Then this afternoon as I was reading chapter 16 "Finding God in Unlikely Places,"  It occurred to me pray, now I am sure that God put it on my heart to pray. The prayer I said was about God helping me find my way out of my personal wilderness.  I have never considered myself a Godly Woman. I struggle with all sorts of things on a daily, sometimes hourly basis.  But as I read a bit further, the idea of a blog came up again.  Then it occurred to me that I am probably not the only one who struggles.  And that if my struggle could help one person to know they aren't alone, they aren't crazy for wanting something more from their relationship with God, then it would be worth while.

My reading today was Romans 8:28-33.  What spoke to me most about these verses is that God chose me!  That he loves me and has a plan for me, just as He had a plan for his Son, Jesus.

Many people have the impression that a call from God is like the burning bush.  Something loud and flashy, something that you just can't miss, they are waiting for a call to start a ministry, to become a teacher or a preacher.  But I think a call from God is much subtler than that.  I don't believe for most of us that there is one single call but rather many small ones every day.  I believe that for the vast majority of us, we are asked to do small assignments, like helping a neighbor shovel their sidewalk, being kind to a coworker, or simply cooking dinner for your family.

So this is my assignment for today, starting this blog.  I'm not sure where it will go, but I promise that I will try to post regularly about whatever God puts on my heart.

God's Peace be with you,

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment